Desserts

Desserts

White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding
With a berry coulis and chantilly cream

6.95

Coffee and Brandy Creme Brulee
Rich custard with a crisp sugar topping and chantilly cream

6.95

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate ganache.

7.95

Key Lime Chess Pie
Our twist on a traditional Southern favorite with a drizzle of berry coulis.

6.95

Coconut Custard Oatmeal Pie
Drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with cinnamon whipped cream.

6.95

Traditional New York Cheesecake
With fresh strawberry-Grand Marnier sauce

7.95

We are dedicated to providing you with the finest seafood and service available.

119 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

(703) 836 - 2836
info@wharfrestaurant.com

6 days ago

The Wharf

Pretty cool tidbits about our town! We’re located on the very first block built from the original water front, between the original Potomac River line and Lee St.HOW ALEXANDRIA'S STREETS WERE NAMED

Town Fathers Named Two For Lord Fairfax . . .
LOYALTY TO ROYALTY LEAD TO NAMES OF ALEXANDRIA'S FIRST STREETS

The Town of Alexandria was created on July 13 -14, 1749, when 84 half-acre lots went on sale at Hugh West's Hunting Creek warehouse by order of the Virginia House of Burgesses.
The original streets of 1749 reflected the loyalty of the early town fathers to names related to royalty --- Royal, King, Queen, Prince, Princess and Duke streets. Apparently, "Duchess" yielded her logical place to Oronoko --- now Oronoco --- named for either the early tobacco landing or type of tobacco first produced.
Only one individual was named --- Thomas Fairfax, the 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron and Proprietary of the Northern Neck of Virginia. Lord Fairfax ((photo below), who strongly supported the new town, was honored with two principal streets with north-south Fairfax and east-west Cameron, which was then envisioned as the main commercial street of the new town.
Water Street, also one of the original 1749 streets, was the one closest to the water's edge.It was renamed Lee Street in 1873, perhaps to honor the memory of General Robert E. Lee who died in 1870. Most of the land between Lee Street and the Potomac River today is filled-in or "banking-out" land.
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

7 days ago

The Wharf

#ALXRestaurantWeek starts NOW! August 16th-25th enjoy 3-course lunch and brunch menus for $22 and dinner menus for $35! Visit Alexandria VA

Menus: https://www.wharfrestaurant.com/winter-restaurant-week-dinner-menu/
Reservations: https://www.wharfrestaurant.com/reservation-2/
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook