Bar

The Bar

wharf-gallery-13

Wine List

Specially-selected wine from all around the world. Ask your server or one of our managers to suggest a great pairing with our fresh seafood or tender steaks.

wharf-gallery-9

Bar Menu

Full-service bar with small bites, wines by the glass, and specialty cocktails. Take a look at the historic pulley-lift next to the wooden bar, dated to the 1800’s and used when the building was one of the King Street Warehouses.

* Happy Hour Specials – Sunday through Thursday 4-7:00 PM

We are dedicated to providing you with the finest seafood and service available.

119 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

(703) 836 - 2836
info@wharfrestaurant.com

6 days ago

The Wharf

Pretty cool tidbits about our town! We’re located on the very first block built from the original water front, between the original Potomac River line and Lee St.HOW ALEXANDRIA'S STREETS WERE NAMED

Town Fathers Named Two For Lord Fairfax . . .
LOYALTY TO ROYALTY LEAD TO NAMES OF ALEXANDRIA'S FIRST STREETS

The Town of Alexandria was created on July 13 -14, 1749, when 84 half-acre lots went on sale at Hugh West's Hunting Creek warehouse by order of the Virginia House of Burgesses.
The original streets of 1749 reflected the loyalty of the early town fathers to names related to royalty --- Royal, King, Queen, Prince, Princess and Duke streets. Apparently, "Duchess" yielded her logical place to Oronoko --- now Oronoco --- named for either the early tobacco landing or type of tobacco first produced.
Only one individual was named --- Thomas Fairfax, the 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron and Proprietary of the Northern Neck of Virginia. Lord Fairfax ((photo below), who strongly supported the new town, was honored with two principal streets with north-south Fairfax and east-west Cameron, which was then envisioned as the main commercial street of the new town.
Water Street, also one of the original 1749 streets, was the one closest to the water's edge.It was renamed Lee Street in 1873, perhaps to honor the memory of General Robert E. Lee who died in 1870. Most of the land between Lee Street and the Potomac River today is filled-in or "banking-out" land.
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

7 days ago

The Wharf

#ALXRestaurantWeek starts NOW! August 16th-25th enjoy 3-course lunch and brunch menus for $22 and dinner menus for $35! Visit Alexandria VA

Menus: https://www.wharfrestaurant.com/winter-restaurant-week-dinner-menu/
Reservations: https://www.wharfrestaurant.com/reservation-2/
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook